28th Annual Conference FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What are the dates of the conference?
September 25-28, 2022
Who can attend the conference?
The Georgia Commission on Family Violence Annual Conference is a professional training conference. Registration for attendance at this conference is limited to: certified Family Violence Intervention Program providers/facilitators (including providers/facilitators-in-training), individuals employed at an agency, department or organization that provides direct services to domestic violence and/or sexual assault victims (including first responders), child advocates or service providers, active law enforcement personnel, or licensed attorneys attending for the purpose of obtaining professional learning credits required for licensing or certification.
Will this conference offer continuing education hours?
GCFV will be applying for the following continuing education hours. Once they're approved the number of approved hours will be listed here.
- Continuing Legal Education (CLE)*Continuing education hours for lawyers in the state of Georgia*
- Georgia Addiction Counselor's Association (GACA) *Continuing education hours for addiction counselors*
- Georgia Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (GAMFT) *Continuing Education hours for Marriage and Family therapists*
- Georgia Peace Officer Standards and Training Council (POST) *Continuing education hours for law enforcement officers*
- Family Violence Intervention Program (FVIP) *Continuing education hours for certified FVIP facilitators and facilitators-in-training*
- International Association of Forensic Nursing (IAFN) *Approved for up to 7.5 hours
- Licensed Professional Counselor's Association of Georgia (LPCA) *Continuing education hours for licensed counselors*
- National Association of Social Workers- Georgia (NASW) *Continuing education hours for social workers*
What if the event is cancelled?
The Georgia Commission on Family Violence (GCFV) reserves the right to cancel this event due to inclement weather or other unforeseeable circumstances which would make the event non-viable. In the event of a cancellation by the GCFV, registrants will be offered a full refund. Should circumstances arise that result in the postponement of this event, registrants will have the option to receive a full refund or transfer the registration to the same event at the future date.
What if I can't attend the conference and request a refund?
All requests to cancel registration for this event must be made in writing no later than August 31, 2022. Refunds for registration are subject to a $25.00 processing fee. Cancellation requests received afterAugust 31, 2022 will not be eligible for a refund. Attendees submitting a request to cancel registration must include the name, phone number, and email address used to register for the event. Refund requests may require additional paperwork to be completed and submitted to GCFV to process refund payments. It is the responsibility of the registrant to return any requested paperwork in a timely manner in order to receive a refund. Send cancellation requests to Jameelah Ferrell at [email protected] .