28th Annual Conference FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What are the dates of the conference?
September 25-28, 2022
Who can attend the conference?
The Statewide Family Violence Conference hosted by the Georgia Commission on Family Violence (GCFV) is a closed multidisciplinary training event for professionals who are currently engaged in providing direct services to victims of human trafficking, domestic violence and/or sexual assault and who are attending to obtain continuing education hours required for licensing or certification. This event is also open to members of the clergy. It is not open to the general public. The Georgia Commission on Family Violence reserves the right to limit or refuse attendance to this event.
Only the named registrant may attend the conference. A request to transfer registration must be submitted to GCFV in writing prior to Friday, September 9, 2022. Contact Jameelah Ferrell at [email protected] to request a transfer. GCFV will provide confirmation of transfers within 3-5 business days. GCFV will not accept any on-site registrations. There will be no exceptions to this rule.
Visit the Events & Training tab in the News and Events section on our website at www.gcfv.ga.gov to find open training opportunities and events.
Will this conference offer continuing education hours?
GCFV has applied for the following continuing education hours. Once hours are approved the number of approved hours will be listed here.
- Continuing Legal Education (CLE)*Continuing education hours for lawyers in the state of Georgia* Approved for 12 Hours
- Georgia Addiction Counselor's Association (GACA) *Continuing education hours for addiction counselors*
- Georgia Peace Officer Standards and Training Council (POST) *Continuing education hours for law enforcement officers* Approved for 12 Hours
- Family Violence Intervention Program (FVIP) *Continuing education hours for certified FVIP facilitators and facilitators-in-training* Approved for 12 GCFV-Approved Hours
- Licensed Professional Counselor's Association of Georgia (LPCA) *Continuing education hours for licensed counselors* Approved for 12 Core Hours
- Magistrate Court Training Council (MCTC) *Continuing education hours for magistrate court judges* Approved for 12 Hours
- Georgia Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (GAMFT) *Continuing Education hours for Marriage and Family therapists*
- International Association of Forensic Nursing (IAFN) *This activity has been submitted to the International Association of Forensic Nurses for approval to award contact hours. The International Association of Forensic Nurses is accredited as an approver of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.*
- National Association of Social Workers- Georgia (NASW) *Continuing education hours for social workers*
What if the event is cancelled?
The Georgia Commission on Family Violence (GCFV) reserves the right to cancel this event due to inclement weather or other unforeseeable circumstances which would make the event non-viable. In the event of a cancellation by the GCFV, registrants will be offered a full refund. Should circumstances arise that result in the postponement of this event, registrants will have the option to receive a full refund or transfer the registration to the same event at the future date.
What if I can't attend the conference and request a refund?
All requests to cancel registration for this event must be made in writing no later than August 1, 2022. Refunds for registration are subject to a $25.00 processing fee. Cancellation requests received after August 1, 2022 will not be eligible for a refund. Attendees submitting a request to cancel registration must include the name, phone number, and email address used to register for the event. Refund requests may require additional paperwork to be completed and submitted to GCFV to process refund payments. It is the responsibility of the registrant to return any requested paperwork in a timely manner in order to receive a refund. Send cancellation requests to Jameelah Ferrell at [email protected] .
Are meals provided during the conference?
Breakfast will be provided Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Wednesday's breakfast will be a continental breakfast.
Lunch will be provided Monday and Tuesday.