Fatality Review Committee
Goal: FVTFs should assign a committee to conduct a review on a local intimate partner fatality case that is considered “closed,” by the judicial system.
- FVTFs should work closely and communicate consistently with GCFV’s Fatality Review Coordinator throughout the duration of the committee regarding technical assistance and committee work.
- FVTFs should consult the Georgia Domestic Violence Fatality Review Policies, Operations and Procedures Manual to guide the methodology and structure of the committee.
- FVTFs should discuss fatality review findings with the task force at large, and develop recommendations from those findings. These recommendations should guide the work of the FVTF.
Goal: FVTFs should assign one or more committees to implement the recommendations from the fatality review.
- FVTF members for each fatality review implementation committee should develop policies, procedures, and protocols to address and implement the gaps and opportunities identified by the findings of fatality review committee.
- Implementation committee members should consistently evaluate the effect and impact of developed policies, procedures, and protocols on family violence victims.