27th Annual Conference FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
The conference is fully virtual, it will no longer be in Jekyll Island.
Dear Conference Registrant,
Due to the increase in COVID cases across the state, the 27th Annual Statewide Family Violence Conference scheduled for November 8-10, 2021 in Jekyll Island, GA has transitioned from in-person to completely virtual. This means the conference will not take place in person. This decision was not made lightly and it was determined with the safety and well-being of our conference attendees in mind. If you registered for the in-person conference, we still hope that you will join us for the virtual conference. Please read the information for in-person conference registrants and hotel reservations.
What is a virtual conference?
A virtual meeting is simply a meeting that happens online rather than physically with all the participants in the same meeting room.
What are the dates of the conference?
November 8-10, 2021
Who can attend the conference?
The Georgia Commission on Family Violence Annual Conference is a professional training conference. Registration for attendance at this conference is limited to: certified Family Violence Intervention Program providers/facilitators (including providers/facilitators-in-training), individuals employed at an agency, department or organization that provides direct services to domestic violence and/or sexual assault victims (including first responders), child advocates or service providers, active law enforcement personnel, or licensed attorneys attending for the purpose of obtaining professional learning credits required for licensing or certification.
I registered for the in-person conference and now it is virtual, what do I do?
If you registered to attend the conference in-person, we want to make you aware of four options available to you. PLEASE READ EACH OPTION below carefully and make a selection by completing this form. The deadline to respond is October 4, 2021. If you do not respond, you will automatically be processed under option 1 below.
1. Confirm Virtual Attendance and Apply the Remaining Balance to the 2022 Conference or a GCFV-delivered Training - Your registration will convert to virtual. GCFV will maintain a credit of $75.00 that you can choose to apply to the cost of registration for the 2022 Conference or any other GCFV-delivered training offered through December 31, 2022.
2. Apply FULL 2021 Conference Registration to the 2022 Conference - Your 2021 conference registration will be canceled. The entire registration amount paid will be applied to registration fees for the 2022 GCFV Annual Family Violence Conference. The amount credited will be $260.00.
3. Confirm Virtual Attendance and Request a Refund for the Registration Difference - Your registration will convert to virtual. GCFV will process a refund to your original method of payment in the amount of $75.00. The refund process may take up to 90 days. If payment was made by credit card, $75.00 will be refunded to the credit card associated with the registration. If payment was made by check, additional paperwork is required before the refund can be processed. GCFV will send the required forms to you by email and the forms must be returned to GCFV no later than October 15, 2021. Absolutely no check refunds can be processed without the required paperwork.
4. Request a Full Refund - You may request a full refund and cancellation of your 2021 conference registration. The refund process may take up to 90 days. If payment was made by credit card, $260.00 will be refunded to the credit card associated with the registration. If payment was made by check, additional paperwork is required before the refund can be processed. GCFV will send the required forms to you by email and the forms must be returned to GCFV no later than October 15, 2021. Absolutely no check refunds can be processed without the required paperwork.
I received a scholarship and I registered for the in-person conference, what do I do?
If you received a scholarship to attend the conference, your registration will be switched to virtual. Please complete this form by October 4, 2021 acknowledging the change. If you do not complete this form, you will not receive login information for the virtual conference.
Will this conference offer continuing education hours?
Currently approved hours:
- Continuing Legal Education (CLE)*Continuing education hours for lawyers in the state of Georgia*: 12 Approved hours
- Georgia Addiction Counselor's Association (GACA) *Continuing education hours for addiction counselors*: 12 Approved hours
- Georgia Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (GAMFT) *Continuing Education hours for Marriage and Family therapists* 12 Core Approved hours
- Georgia Peace Officer Standards and Training Council (POST) *Continuing education hours for law enforcement officers*: 12 Approved hours
- Family Violence Intervention Program (FVIP) *Continuing education hours for certified FVIP facilitators and facilitators-in-training*: 12 Approved hours
- Licensed Professional Counselor's Association of Georgia (LPCA) *Continuing education hours for licensed counselors*: 12 Approved hours
- National Association of Social Workers- Georgia (NASW) *Continuing education hours for social workers* 12 Related Approved hours
Applied, but not currently approved. If approved they will be added to the approval list:
- International Association of Forensic Nursing (IAFN) *This activity has been submitted to the International Association of Forensic Nurses for approval to award contact hours. The International Association of Forensic Nurses is accredited as an approver of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.*
I made a hotel reservation in Jekyll Island, what do I need to do to cancel?
If you booked a room at one of the hotels where we had a room block agreement (Westin, Courtyard at Jekyll Island, Villas by the Sea, Home 2 Suites and the Hampton Inn), we have notified them of the in-person conference cancellation. Some of the hotels have canceled reservations associated with the room block, and you should receive a cancellation email. In the event you do not receive a cancellation email, please contact the hotel directly to cancel your reservation. Those who booked rooms at the Hampton Inn & Suites Jekyll Island, please contact them directly to cancel your reservation, they are not canceling reservations unless they're contacted directly.
What if the event is cancelled?
The Georgia Commission on Family Violence (GCFV) reserves the right to cancel this event due to inclement weather or other unforeseeable circumstances which would make the event non-viable. In the event of a cancellation by the GCFV, registrants will be offered a full refund. Should circumstances arise that result in the postponement of this event, registrants will have the option to receive a full refund or transfer the registration to the same event at the future date.
What if I can't attend the conference and request a refund?
All requests to cancel registration for this event must be made in writing no later than September 3, 2021. Refunds for registration are subject to a $25.00 processing fee. Cancellation requests received after September 3, 2021 will not be eligible for a refund. Attendees submitting a request to cancel registration must include the name, phone number, and email address used to register for the event. Refund requests may require additional paperwork to be completed and submitted to GCFV to process refund payments. It is the responsibility of the registrant to return any requested paperwork in a timely manner in order to receive a refund. Send cancellation requests to Jameelah Ferrell at [email protected] .