Ethics: Discussing Critical Incidents
Ethics is the number one required course due to it being the number one training to prevent abuses and errors by counselors due to lack of information. This course is designed to provide information that counselors might have forgotten and/or need to know. Perhaps more important is the ability for the counselor to know when an ethically sensitive area has been entered and the options to make a proper decision on how to proceed. Primary focus will be an informed discussion on myriad critical situations and how the standard ethical values inform those discussions. Bring your own vignettes and those will be included.
1) To Know the Vernacular of the field related to ethical codes (State and organizational).
2) To heighten sensitivity regarding ethical situations.
3) To sensitize oneself to possible boundary violations.
4) To distinguish between principle and virtue ethics.
5) To distinguish between law and ethics.
6) To know the importance of how ethics is both about me and thee.
Approved for 6 GCFV-Approved Hours
Contact: Atlanta Intervention Network: [email protected] or call 770-713 8580