Batterers Are Not Born They Are Socialized
Batterers Are Not Born They Are Socialized (Virtual Training)
Batterers are not born, they are socialized into a culture of male dominance and patriarchy against women. This training will focus on the socialization of men by examining the social norms, culture and traditional images of manhood that has created an environment that supports, tolerates and often encourages men's violence against women. During the workshop providers will gain insight into the construct of sexism and develop skills to challenge privileges and entitlements given to men.
1) Examine the intergenerational transmission of family violence.
2) Discuss the dark side of masculinity.
3) Explore the impact of socialization on males and family violence connection.
4) Describe traditional male beliefs and family violence.
5) Integrating sexual abuse into your domestic violence program.
6 Describe some strategies for integrating male socialization into family violence intervention facilitation.
Registration fee: $70.00
Date: August 5, 2021
Time: 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
Approved for 6 FVIP Hours
To register call 404-523-6074 or 404-906-4720