If you are interested in becoming a certified Family Violence Intervention Progam (FVIP), please watch the video and review the documents below.
*Please note, FVIPS no longer use the Registrar system.
Program Certification Requirements
- Forms that meet the standards for Georgia's Rules
- Signed and up-to-date contract with the victim liaison agency
- General liability insurance
- Proof of the owner's identity
- Location and class schedule (90 minutes)
- List of any and all facilitators
- Certification fee (per judicial circuit location)
- Once certified, programs must complete recertification every 2 years.
Facilitator Approval Requirements
- 84 hours of co-facilitation at a certified FVIP
- 40 hours of coordinated community response participation
- 40 hours of GCFV-approved trainings
- 4 hours of experiential education
- Undergraduate degree or 2 years of equivalent experience working with batterers and victims or victim advocates
- Criminal background check
- Once approved, facilitators must complete reapproval every 2 years (8 hours of GCFV-approved training annually and 4 hours of experiential education). Please use the FVIP Continuing Education Form below.
GCFV Approved Training
Please view our events for approved trainings. Not all trainings are approved for FVIP credit. If a training is approved, it will be listed in the description.
Please submit documents for certifications and recertifications by mailing them to 270 Washington Street SW, Suite 5145, Atlanta, GA 30334. If you do not have an account with the GCFV Portal, contact Jameelah Ferrell and one wil be issued to you. You will use the GCFV Portal to notify GCFV of your new monthly participants, update your class times and locations and pay fees.
Please contact Jameelah Ferrell with any questions.